Weighted blankets are the newest approach to aid bad sleepers. Originally developed by occupational therapists to address behavioral issues, they are now widely used to relax. Experts call it “deep-pressure treatment” because the blanket’s pressure increases serotonin, a pleasant and peaceful hormone in your body.
With no medical purpose, it has become a popular approach for anxious people, insomniacs, and self-described “poor sleepers” to obtain some rest. The Good Housekeeping Institute regularly reviews bedding and sleep-improvement products.
Top 5 Bestseller Weighted Blanket
They looked at the materials used, weight distribution (so the beads don’t just cluster to one side), creative features, and washability while choosing the best weighted blankets. We sent weighted blankets home with real consumers to test. Here’s everything you need to know about choosing the right weighted blanket, including our recommended selections.
Top 10 Best Weighted Blanket Reviews
Luna Adult Weighted Blanket
- Meet Luna - Luna’s innovative, smart design combines 7 layers into a streamlined design that evenly distributes weight to your body.
- Super Soft - Covered in an ultra soft cotton material and filled with cloud-like fabric, Luna is carefully constructed for breathability and temperature control.
- Easy Care - The best way to care for your weighted blanket is to wash cold on a gentle setting or hand wash. Hang dry only but if not possible, tumble dry on low heat.
Weighted blanket Luna ticks several boxes. As a starting point, it comes in a wide range of sizes and weights, from full to king (20lbs). With polka dots to soothing light blue in the color palette, there’s no shortage of options.
Organic customers will appreciate the Oeko-Tex-certified 100% cotton cover that assures nontoxicity. Because of the glass bead fill, there are no synthetic ingredients within that might harm the environment or cause your body to overheat as you sleep. You won’t feel any odd pressure areas since the fill material distributes pressure evenly throughout your entire body.
For a more restful night’s sleep, the Luna Weighted Blanket is very soft and machine washable on the mild cycle. It’s also less expensive than some of the more expensive weighted blankets sold in the United States.
Luna’s weight chart advice recommends starting with a lesser weight if you’re unsure of your starting weight. For those between 120 and 150 pounds, a 12lb blanket weight is appropriate. Pick a 25lb blanket weight if you weigh between 250 and 280 pounds. Check out the YNM Weighted Blanket below for a wider variety of weights.
- Even pressure distribution
- Uses medical-grade glass beads
- The maximum weight is 20lbs
YnM Weighted Blanket
- THERAPEUTIC WEIGHTED BLANKET: 15-pound weighted blanket ensures a relaxing night's rest by providing a calming sensory experience for ultimate comfort and decompression
- ADVANCED SEWING TECHNOLOGY: Advanced sewing technology for a long-lasting, durable blanket; Dimensions (L x W): 60 x 80 inches; Color: Dark Grey
- GLASS BEAD TECHNOLOGY: Thousands of premium glass beads add weight that instantly calms and relaxes you
This super-plush and tight-weighted blanket is available in a variety of designs, sizes, and weights to fit your body and sleep requirements. YNM guarantees restful sleep. Stitched pockets between layers of breathable cotton hold the glass-bead fill evenly to distribute pressure equally over your body. Depending on the chosen size, you may pick between lighter and heavier weight alternatives. Sizes vary from single to king.
For occasional usage, YNM’s Weighted Blanket is a great option because of its price (check out the significant savings available online). In addition, we’d definitely suggest this for afternoon sofa naps.
Spot cleaning is possible on the YNM Weighted Blanket, despite the fact that it cannot be washed by hand or in the machine. If you don’t want to deal with the trouble of washing your weighted blanket, YNM provides a wide selection of washable coverings you may put over the top of it.
- Great choice of weights
- Soft-touch cotton cover
- Even fill with glass beads
- Spot-clean only
Gravity Original Weighted Blanket for Sleep
- TROUBLE SLEEPING? Gravity Blanket offers a Premium Weighted Blanket that uses lightweight on the body to improve sleep quality. The latest generation of Gravity's Original Blanket features internal upgrades while maintaining the blanket's signature look and feel.
- HIGH-QUALITY DESIGN: Our exterior Duvet Cover is made of super-soft micro-fleece material. While the interior of the Weighted Blanket is made of 100% cotton and fine-grade glass beads. Our upgraded zipper system helps the blanket stay inside the duvet. Gridded stitching on the weighted inner ensures the glass beads remain uniformly distributed that helps you wind down.
- PERFECT SIZE: Our Weighted Blanket measures 48"x72", providing a grounding experience for one user at a time. Use our Gravity Blanket weight chart below to find the perfect fit for this comfortable blanket. We recommended that you select one of our Weighted Blankets that’s about 10% of your body weight. We designed it in this throw blanket size to allow the weight to be evenly distributed over the user and because each user requires a weight specific to their body weight.
In the world of weighted blankets, the Gravity Blanket is perhaps the most famous of them all and the one most likely to be gifted. It’s the best choice for anyone looking for a super-relaxing way to ease away stress before sleep and to calm anxiety in bed. As an added treat, the Gravity Blanket comes with a removable micro-plush cover that feels divine to snuggle beneath.
There are three color options available too (smart navy blue, a cool white, and a tranquil grey), so if you’re gifting this blanket, it should fit in with most bedroom decor themes. The Gravity weighted blanket is filled with evenly distributed glass beads. Again, this ensures that you feel a gentle weight across your entire body, rather than in just the odd few spots. The removable cover is secured with a neat zipper, so you can take it off quickly for machine washing.
According to Gravity, nearly three-quarters of users reported an increase in relaxation and restfulness, as well as deeper sleep, when using this weighted blanket. If stress is getting in the way of your slumber, this is a great option to try. We’d also recommend the cheaper Tranquility Weighted Blanket below, though it doesn’t offer anywhere near as many weight options as the Gravity and the quality isn’t as plush.
- Removable cover
- Suitable for heavier bodies
- Not meant to be shared
- No weights under 15lbs
Tranquility 20lb Weighted Blanket
Weighted blankets, like the Tranquility Blanket, can aid those who have difficulty sleeping due to stress. If you’re looking for a weighted blanket that’s both cozy and inexpensive, this is your best bet. There are just two weight options: 15lbs for individuals who weigh between 125 and 150 pounds, and 20lbs for those who weigh more than 175 pounds.
The Tranquility Weighted Blanket (above) is a better value for money than the Gravity Weighted Blanket. A detachable and washable cover is one of the perks of the Tranquility Weighted Blanket for grownups, but what we truly like is the double-sided cover. BlueCool Technology cloth is used on one side, while the other side is soft and cuddly to the touch. You know which side is preferable for you, warm sleepers.
- Cheap price
- Infused with cooling fabric
- The cover isn’t as plush as others
- Only two weights are available
Bearaby Knitted Weighted Blanket
The Bearaby Cotton Knapper is one of the coziest and most luxurious weighted blankets on our list. Using organic cotton with a little amount of spandex, the blanket is naturally breathable and biodegradable, making it an excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
Bearaby Cotton Napper, like other weighted blankets offered, employs pressure therapy to increase serotonin levels and relieve stress. Therefore, it’s an excellent alternative for those who are unable to sleep at night because they are apprehensive, agitated, or worried.
You may choose from 10lbs, 15lbs, 20lbs, and 25lbs in weight for the Bearaby Weighted Blankets. Always go with the lighter weight if you’re not sure which one is closest to 10% of your weight.
Unlike some other weighted blankets, the Bearaby Cotton Napper may be laundered at a cold temperature in the washing machine. Because of its weight, while wet, we found it needed many cycles in the dryer (on the lowest setting) to get it completely dry. Bearaby is a fantastic blanket for those who are looking for a fashionable and warm anxiety blanket.
- Choice of four weights
- Distributes pressure evenly
- Machine washable (cold)
- No weights under 10lbs
Baloo Weighted Blanket Throw Size
- Premium Quality Materials: Baloo soft weighted blanket is made of high quality, chemical-free breathable material for maximum comfort and safety. Baloo’s quilted weighted blanket is durable and soothing for all-night restful sleep.
- Deep Rest and Relaxation: The tight, quilted pattern holds the weighted filling snugly in place so you never have to worry about the weight bunching or pooling. The soft white color promotes calmness, comfort, and hope. The pressure of this 42x72 inch heavy weighted blanket from Baloo simulates the feeling of a hug, encouraging the production of serotonin and calming the nervous system - similar to compression therapy or Deep Pressure Touch.
- Perfectly Sized: Our 12lb Throw size weighted blanket is comfortably soft and measures 42x72 inches and is the perfect size for personal use. It has the same weight-to-size proportions as its larger counterparts, and is great for travel, kids, twin beds, the couch, or one person in a larger bed. Connects to our matching linen duvet cover. The Throw is easy to care for and our most versatile size.
You will feel like you are being hugged by this lovely weighted blanket from Baloo. Isn’t that great? The Baloo Weighted Blanket, which is made of 100% cotton, is breathable and cool. The glass-bead filling helps keep your body temperature stable while you drift off to sleep. To keep you cool, Baloo’s blanket is made of certified toxin-free, lead-free glass beads and certified organic cotton that is hypoallergenic.
This blanket is very easy to maintain and can be washed in the machine (use cold water and wash on a gentle cycle), however, the firm recommends consumers take the bigger sizes to a professional cleaner.
In contrast to popular belief, this weighted blanket provides all the relaxing effects of pressure treatment without the extra heat. All year-round use is possible thanks to this blanket’s design.
- Uses lead-free beads
- Toxin-free cotton cover
- Suitable for machine washing
- No weights under 15lbs
Soft 25lb Weighted Blanket
- Premium Quality Materials: Baloo soft weighted comforter is made of high quality, breathable cotton for maximum comfort and safety. Baloo is the ONLY quilted weighted comforter made with 100% cotton — free from polyester & synthetic liners — for cool, natural sleep.
- Deep Rest and Relaxation: The tight, quilted pattern holds the weighted filling snugly in place so you never have to worry about the weight bunching or pooling. The soft white color promotes calmness, comfort, and hope.
- Comfort Fit: Baloo’s 25 lb weighted blanket for a king size bed measures 80x87 inches. Perfect for sharing, the cool cotton large weighted blanket includes small loops sewn into the seams at the corners and along the edges to securely connect to a duvet cover if desired. It’s weighted with glass microbeads where it counts: in the center, where it covers the top of the bed, rather than all the way to the edge. This feels more comfortable and makes it lighter and easier to care for.
Saatva, an organic bedding, and top memory foam mattress company live up to its reputation with this wonderful weighted blanket. It’s the greatest choice for allergy sufferers because it’s devoid of dangerous pollutants and irritating allergens like the Saatva Organic Weighted Blanket. In line with Saatva’s socially conscious approach, cotton is also Fair Trade.
The Saatva Organic Weighted Blanket is not only exceptionally soft, but it also provides soothing pressure from the internal glass beads, which are carefully distributed to help you relax and fall asleep. Unlike the Tranquility Weighted Blanket, the Gravity Weighted Blanket, or the Quilty Weighted Blanket, it only comes in 12lb and 20lb weights.
Although it’s not the cheapest weighted blanket on our list, Saatva’s one-year guarantee makes it stand out from the others. Furthermore, you may obtain it for a risk-free trial of 45 days to see whether it works for you.
- Organic and non-toxic
- Risk-free sleep trial
- One-year warranty
- Only two sizes/weights
Quility Weighted Blanket for Adults
- Quality Regulation: Our weighted blankets are made with high-quality, durable materials. At 15 lbs, the weight can help promote relaxation as well as temperature control for a great night's sleep.
- Even Pressure: This big blanket contains premium micro glass beads that evenly distribute pressure, ensuring the weight stays balanced for your comfort and tranquility.
- Better Sleep: Get this thick blanket for the warmth and comfort of a hug. The gentle pressure of the weighted micro glass beads reduces tossing and turning while encouraging relaxation.
The use of a weighted blanket can help you sleep better at night if you suffer from insomnia due to worrying thoughts. The weight of the blanket puts moderate pressure on your body, which helps reduce stress hormone levels. As a result, you’ll feel more at ease, which makes it simpler to go off to sleep. This quilted blanket for grownups is both soft and cool to the touch, so there’s no risk of overheating when relaxing. So if you can’t afford Baloo’s cooling weighted blanket, this is the next best thing.
It’s possible to choose a weight and size that works for you, whether you sleep alone or share a bed, with the Quilty Weighted Blanket for grownups. Filling Quilty’s with glass beads is standard for weighted blankets, and the seven-layered structure is meant to wrap around your body for additional comfort. It comes in a variety of colors and includes a washable cover. Aside from its aesthetic appeal, this blanket may help you relax after a hard day.
- Cooling and relaxing
- Four sizes and weights
- Washable cover
- Not suitable for lighter bodies
Weighted Evolution Weighted Blanket
- ✔️SUPERIOR DESIGN AND COMFORT: Innovative inner blanket design is made of 100% microfiber, 4" Double Diamond stitched pockets, Optimal layer of recycled polyfill insulation and the highest quality micro-glass beads. The BENEFITS of our design are MAXIMUM BODY CONTURING & DEEP PRESSURE STIMULATION (DPS), EXCELLENT WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION, QUIET, SUPERIOR BREATHABILITY and ADAPTIVE TEMPERATURE REGULATION. Experience the Weighted Evolution difference!
- ✔️REMOVABLE BAMBOO DUVET INCLUDED: This amazing Blissful Bamboo duvet cover is made of 95% Bamboo 5% Spandex knit fabric. The benefits of Bamboo are numerous. It naturally keeps you odor free and smelling fresh, highly wicking which pulls moisture away from your body, has unique insulating and cooling properties which allows you to stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer. It's also eco-friendly, and possibly the softest natural fabric on the planet.
- ✔️CHOOSE THE CORRECT SIZE: Studies have shown that 8-10% of your body weight is ideal for the most effective Deep Pressure Stimulation. When in between suggested weight recommendations always choose the lighter option for best results. For assistance choosing the right size, check out the helpful info graphic chart in the image on the left.
As a well-known hybrid mattress in a box company, Simba delivers the same level of expertise and quality to their Orbit Weighted Blanket. “Deep pressure treatment” is used in the Orbit to help you fall asleep since it contains thousands of weighted glass nano-beads that induce “deep pressure.” In addition to layers of cotton and padding, Simba’s premium weighted blanket features quilted pockets that hold all those glass nano-beads in place.
Even though the cover is soft, you can be confident that the cooling cotton material beneath it is permeable and capable of regulating your body temperature as you sleep. There is no risk of damaging the crucial glass nano-beads by washing this cover in the machine at a lower temperature (as long as it isn’t overheated).
- Temperature regulating
- Quilted pockets hold beads evenly
- Ample cushioning for cozy sleep
- Only two weights are available
Mela Weighted Blanket
- 【Natural Sleep Help】The AN weighted blanket is used to help kids and adults who need a better sleep by creating a feeling of being hugged. This natural method has been approved and reported by most researches.
- 【Premium Material】We use Oeko-Tex certified cotton & hypoallergenic cotton & non-toxic glass beads to produce the softer and more breathable weighted blanket. Besides, the 7-layers sewing technology helps the weighted blanket no risk for leakage.
- 【How to Choose】The weighted blanket is engineered to be 10% of your body weight, 15 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 140 - 160 lbs. This twin size weighted blanket is not recommended for sharing.
The Mela Weighted Blanket is made of 100% cotton to keep you warm and comfortable as the soothing weight of the glass beads work their magic to alleviate your tension and help you sleep.
A wide selection of weights is available here, which should be suitable for most people. For those who weigh more than 50 kilograms, there are alternatives ranging from 5.5 kilograms to 11 kilograms (for body weights of 100kg and higher).
The Mela Weighted Blanket is also rustle-free and double-sided (with a cooling cotton side and a super-snuggly fleece side). It’s possible to test the weight and size of a weighted blanket before you buy it, and then return it for a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
- Risk-free 30-night trial
- Breathable for cooler sleep
- Free from harmful toxins
- May not work for those over 16 stone
May you also like: Best Mattresses
What to Consider When Select Weighted Blanket
In the case of a weighted blanket, it’s not like buying a regular throw at the foot of your bed; there are a number of critical considerations to keep in mind.
If you want to sleep beneath your weighted blanket, we recommend that you use a more breathable material like cotton for the blanket itself, so that you may use it all year round.
In most cases, the duvet covers we propose come with loops that allow you to adjust the style and fabric for different seasons with cover alternatives in linen, bamboo, fleece and other fabrics. Because you won’t have to wash the blanket as frequently with a cover on it, you’ll get more use out of it and prevent damage to the filling and stitching.
With the exception of king, weighted blankets are typically made for a single person’s usage and come in two standard sizes: 48″ x 72″ and 60″ x 80″.
Generally speaking, a blanket should weigh around 10% of your body weight in order to be comfortable. In this case, a 15-pound blanket would be appropriate for someone who weighs 150 pounds.
It will take several cycles of drying and perhaps some air drying to get the job done with most of the blankets.
Because of the variety of options available, the price of weighted blankets ranges from $50 to $300. Adding a duvet cover does increase the price, however, many companies give discounts for purchasing both the blanket and the cover at the same time.
Whether you’re looking for a splurge-worthy blanket or a more affordable one, we’ve found the best-weighted blankets on the market. If you or a loved one could use a better night’s sleep, check out our best selections.
Read more: Best Air Mattress