Having a clean bathroom is very important because a lot of dangerous germs can grow in the warm and humid environment it offers. Mold and mildew can grow in the places you least expect, but especially in your bathroom. This is why finding the best shower cleaner is very important.
But did you know that certain cleaning products can also stop mildew and mold from appearing?
The best tub and tile cleaner will not only remove the existing mold and mildew stains but will also stop the new ones from appearing as well. Specially developed chemical components in their formula will remove all the bacteria causing mildew and mold growth. They will also create a protective film that will stop the bacteria from reappearing.
Top 10 Bestseller Shower Cleaners
Read the following article to find out which are the best 6 cleaning products you can use in your bathroom.
Our detailed buying guide will explain how to use the products safely and efficiently.
Best Shower Cleaners Review
Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover
- Kills 99.9% of household mold & mildew.
- Eliminates stains before your eyes.
- Delivers a powerful clean without scrubbing.
This product is able to kill 99.9% of the mold and mildew bacteria commonly found in your household. The cleaning solution can also be used to eliminate existing mold stains. The stains will disappear in a matter of moments after you apply the cleaning solution and rub it off with a damp rag.
This cleaning solution is able to remove most of the stains after a simple application, without having to scrub. If the stains are old and persistent, scrubbing them with a wet cloth should eliminate them.
The product contains Clorox bleach but has a nice and fresh smell.
- Can Be Used On Different Surfaces – This product can be used with great results on tile, vinyl, and plastic surfaces. You can use it to clean your shower, bathtub, and shower liner without any problems.
- Prevents Mold And Mildew Growth – Using this product regularly will prevent the growth of mold and mildew developing bacteria. Using it on surfaces already affected by mold and mildew is also efficient.
- Produces Bleach Fumes – This is a very powerful product, so make sure you use it in a well-ventilated space where the bleach fumes can be eliminated
Kaboom Tub & Tile Cleaner
- Breaks through soap scum & hard water
- No obnoxious fumes
- With the power of Oxiclean
This is a high-quality tub and shower cleaner which is able to kill all the types of bacteria commonly found in a bathroom. This product can be used for cleaning the shower’s pan, the tiles, the grout, and the bath tub. You won’t find a stain this product can’t remove
This cleaning product is very efficient at killing the bacteria which lead to the development of mold and mildew, but you can also use it to remove other common stains in your bathroom, like those caused by hard water, lime, or grease.
The product’s versatility will allow you to use it on all the surfaces in your bathroom with good results. If a stain is too persistent and is difficult to clean, spray some product on it and leave it soaking before you start scrubbing it.
- Great Cleaning Power – This product is very efficient at cleaning. It will eliminate most of the stains in your bathroom without having to scrub.
- Good For Hard Water Stains – Hard water stains can be a nuisance to eliminate, but they’re not a problem for this product.
- Could Smell Better – While the product is very efficient, it does not smell great.
Method Shower Cleaner
- Contains (8) 28 ounce bottles of daily shower cleaning spray
- Daily shower spray made with plant-based cleaning power.
- Cleans without having to rinse.
This product is one of the most environmentally friendly products you’ll be able to find on the market. All the bottles it comes in are made out of 100% recycled plastic. The product was never tested on animals, and it has a biodegradable composition.
The natural formula was specially developed to dissolve the toughest stains and protect the surfaces against the growth of mold and mildew. The formula also protects against the stains left by soap.
The product won’t leave behind any toxic fumes or by-products, and all the chemicals that go down the drain are biodegradable. The cleaning solution smells fresh, just like a spa.
- Biodegradable – This product does not eliminate toxic by-products, and all its components are biodegradable, so you will have a clean bathroom while protecting nature.
- Powerful – Not only is this cleaning product very efficient, but it is also very powerful. You will be able to remove even the toughest stains after soaking them with this product.
- Doesn’t Smell Nice – The product should smell like eucalyptus and mint, but the actual smell does not even come close to that. Many people will not enjoy the product’s smell.
Frosch Shower And Bathroom Cleaner
- Cradle to Cradle certified, powerful plant-based spray cleaner eliminates limescale, soap scum and water stains in the shower and bathroom. Removes unpleasant odors and leaves behind a fresh lemon scent.
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested; Free from harsh chemicals such as phosphates, phthalates, preservatives or formaldehyde.
- Formulated with 100% biodegradable plant-based surfactants that are 100% sustainability-certified by Book & Claim RSPO.
This is a green cleaning product. It is made in the European Union and it’s certified as safe to use around babies and small children. You can use this versatile cleaning product to remove hard water and lime deposits, soap scum, dirt, and water spots.
The product has a fresh lemony scent and is produced using natural lemon extract. The cleaning solution was never tested on animals, and it’s environmentally friendly. The PET bottle it comes in is 80% made out of recycled plastic and it’s 100% recyclable.
The cleaning solution is versatile, and you will be able to use it to clean most of the surfaces in your bathroom.
- Baby Friendly – This product is safe to use around babies. You don’t have to worry about the health effects it has on your baby because there are none.
- Efficient On Mold Stains – This cleaning product is very efficient when it comes to mold stains. All you need to do is apply the product on the stain, leave it soaking for a while and then wipe it.
- Does Not Smell Like Lemon – Even though the product has a nice smell, most people won’t associate it with lemon.
Fantastik All Purpose Cleaner
- CUTS TOUGH GREASE & GRIME
- SCRUBBING BUBBLES
- HEAVY DUTY ALL PURPOSE CLEANER
This is a highly efficient bathroom cleaner. You can use it to clean your bathtub, shower, floor and wall tiles, grout, sink, and shower curtain. The cleaning solution is able to kill 99.9% of the most common bacteria, including the bacteria that lead to mold and mildew formation.
The all-purpose cleaner uses a specially developed formula that allows it to remove grease and grime stains, hard water and lime stains, and even rust. You can use it on most surfaces in your bathroom, so you won’t have to spend money on different cleaning products.
This cleaning solution is so powerful, most stains will be eliminated right after spraying the solution on them.
- Very Powerful – This all-purpose cleaning solution is very powerful. You will be able to use it to clean even the toughest stains, including rust. This solution is so powerful it’s able to eliminate the common cold virus, the bird flu virus, and all the normal germs you’ll find in a household.
- Does Not Contain Harmful Chemicals – Even though this is a very powerful cleaning solution, it does not contain any harmful or toxic chemicals.
- Produces Fumes – This product will eliminate fumes, so use it only in ventilated areas.
Clorox Bathroom Cleaner
- Pack of two, 32 fluid ounce (Total of 64 ounce)
- Disinfects and kills 99.9% of common household bacteria in only 30 seconds; Kills viruses that cause colds and flu
- Effective formula that removes tough stains, dirt, grease and grime.
This is one of the best-rated bathroom cleaning products available on the market. This cleaning solution is capable of killing 99.9% of the germs commonly found in your household. The solution can be used to clean even the tough stains with less scrubbing.
This cleaning product is versatile and you can use it on most of the surfaces in your bathroom. It can remove dirt, mold and mildew stains, grime, and soap scum without any problems.
If you have a tough stain in your bathroom, all you need to do is spray it with this solution, wait a couple of minutes for the stain to get soaked and wipe it with a sponge. If not all the stain was eliminated, repeat the process.
- No Residue – This cleaning product doesn’t leave behind any residue, so it will leave all your surfaces looking as good as new.
- Efficient Against Viruses – Viruses are harder to kill than other germs, but they don’t pose a problem for this problem. It will eliminate the Influenza virus, the common cold virus, and even some rhinoviruses.
- Strong Smell – This product has a strong smell. Although the smell is not unpleasant, it persists in a room.
May you also like: Best Power Scrubbers
If you’re looking for the best cleaning product for your bathroom, but don’t really know what to buy, you’ve come to the right place. In the following section, we will explain how to find the best products on the market, and how to determine if they’re good or not when you shop online.
How To Find a Safe Cleaning Product
Up to 10% of the toxic exposures in the U.S. are caused by cleaning products, so it’s important to find a safe and reliable product. Exposure to toxic cleaning products can lead to skin irritation or respiratory problems.
Read The Product Description
– You should always read the cleaning product’s description before you purchase it, especially if you’re sensitive to certain chemicals. If you are prone to respiratory problems, choose a product that won’t produce fumes, even if it doesn’t contain toxic chemicals. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to buy a natural cleaning product or use thick gloves.
Check The Ingredients
– Take a look at the product’s ingredients. If you know that exposure to chlorine or other substances is usually bad for you, avoid the products that contain them. If you’re a sensitive person and most of the cleaning products you used before irritated you, try using a cleaning product made out of natural components.
Take A Look At The Instructions
– Most manufacturers advertise the fact that their products are safe to use around children or babies. These features are usually tested for several years before they’re released for the general population, so they’re usually true for most people.
Why Choosing Green Cleaning Products Is Better
If you’re looking for cleaning products, you definitely bumped into statements like “100% vegan” or “Environmentally Friendly” or something like that. What is this trend, and what do the statements mean?
– You might wonder how a cleaning product is considered vegan. None of your cleaning products ever ate meat, as far as you’re concerned, so that’s not new.
This is actually a way of advertising that the product was not tested at any time on animals. Animal testing is cruel and most manufacturers have stopped this practice a long time ago, but some didn’t. That’s why you will still find this kind of statement in the product’s description.
– One of the problems of using powerful cleaning products was that they produced toxic by-products. Some of their components would change after you used them, the result being something toxic. The problem with the toxic byproducts was that they would eventually end up in the sewage system and some would not be filtered, permanently polluting the environment.
Some manufacturers have implemented another measure to make their products environmentally friendly. The cleaning products are stored in plastic bottles. Most of the plastic bottles used for storing are recyclable, so they’re less polluting. Some of the plastic bottles are made out of recycled plastic themselves, lowering their carbon footprint.
Using Less Plastic Is Better
– It’s better to buy fewer bigger packages than smaller ones. Not all plastic bottles are the same. Packages made out of PETE are better than those produced from HDPE, which in turn are better than those made out of PVC. The reason behind this is that more municipal recycling systems will accept better plastic packages.
This is one of the reasons why a versatile cleaning solution is better than a solution that’s very efficient on a surface but useless on others. You won’t have to buy multiple packages, and you’ll also save some money.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mold And Mildew?
Mold and mildew are some of the most annoying stains you’ll find in a bathroom. Nobody likes cleaning these stains, and they tend to reappear in most cases. So how do you get rid of them efficiently?
Step 1 – Find An Efficient Cleaning Solution
This is probably the most important step. Finding the right cleaning solution is crucial if you want to remove the mold and mildew stains and keep them from appearing again.
All the cleaning products you’ll find are good at removing stains, but some are not very good at removing mold or mildew. However, there are a lot of cleaning products available on the market, so you’re bound to find the right one eventually. If you don’t want to waste your time and money looking for one, you can just pick one from our list.
The best mold and mildew cleaning solutions have components that will also inhibit the growth of new bacteria after killing the existing ones.
Step 2 – Apply The Solution
Now that you have your cleaning solution, pour or spray it over the stains. Depending on the size and age of the stains, sometimes you will have to wait for a few minutes before they’re soaked enough to clean them.
Make sure you read the product instructions before you use the cleaning product. Some manufacturers actually state the amount of time you should allow the cleaning substance to work before you wipe it.
You should keep in mind that powerful cleaning solutions can also remove the color from your tile grout, so use them with care between tiles.
Step 3 – Wipe
If you consider you’ve waited for enough time, take a damp cloth and wipe the cleaning solution. If the stain is not eliminated, don’t waste your time and patience scrubbing. Just reapply the solution and let it soak again. Repeat until it’s clean
Should I Buy A Dedicated Or An All Purpose Product?
Most people are conflicted when they choose a cleaning product for their bathroom. Should they choose a product, especially for their bath or shower, or should they choose one which will be able to clean all the surfaces in the bathroom? Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Dedicated Cleaning Products
– These cleaning products are specially developed to cover the different surfaces in your bathroom. You will be able to use them with great results on wall and floor tiles, shower screens, and bathtubs.
The advantage of using this kind of cleaning product is that they are usually very efficient at removing mold and mildew stains. They are also good at removing dirt and soap scum. Unfortunately, most of them are good at removing the hard water stains from the tiles, but not from the faucets. They are also not efficient at removing other types of stains, like those made by rust.
All-Purpose Cleaning Products
– These cleaning products are usually more powerful than the dedicated ones, and they can be used all around the house, not only in the bathroom. They are more versatile, so you will be able to use them on more surfaces, other than tiles.
One of the advantages of being powerful is that they’re efficient at cleaning all types of stains, from dirt to dust and mold. In fact, they’re sometimes so powerful they will also clean the color right off your grout, so you should be careful when you use them.
The main disadvantage of using this kind of cleaning product is that they usually have a harsh smell. Some of them can eliminate fumes, so you should only use them in well-ventilated areas.
Tips On How To Use Your Cleaning Products Safely
Cleaning products can represent a safety hazard, so make sure you follow these tips to use them safely.
- Use Them As Instructed – Don’t use the cleaning products in other ways than those written on the instructions. The product’s label will inform you on how to use the product safely, so don’t improvise.
- Never Mix Cleaning Products – Cleaning products contain different chemicals. Each cleaning product can contain different chemicals, so make sure you don’t mix them together. Mixing the cleaning products can lead to the creation of poisonous or toxic fumes.
- Store The Cleaning Products Safely – Make sure you store the cleaning products out of the reach of children or pets. Most cleaning products are dangerous when ingested, so they might present a health risk. Keep the cleaning products away from edible ones or accidents might occur. Most cleaning products have to be stored in a cool and dry place, away from the sun.
- Dispose Of The Cleaning Products As Instructed – You will find all the information about the disposal of the cleaning process in the product’s instructions. You should keep the packages away from children and pets even if they’re empty. Most cleaning products are not safe to be flushed down the drain or in the toilet.
- Call An Ambulance – If there’s an accident involving a cleaning product, don’t try to solve it on your own. Call an ambulance. The chemical components in the cleaning products can interact with different substances, so you can make the matter worse.
Finding the right cleaning product for your bathroom can be harder than you think, especially if your walls and shower are invaded by mold and mildew. The best tub and tile cleaner will remove all the stains other cleaning products couldn’t and they will stop the mold developing bacteria from reappearing.
You don’t need any cleaning products to keep your bathroom clean. The best shower cleaner available today can also be used on different surfaces, so you will actually save money when you buy it.
We’re confident that you could find all the information you searched for in our comprehensive buying guide. New cleaning products are more efficient than old ones, and they are also environmentally friendly. They do not produce dangerous fumes, and their bottles and containers can be recycled. Some of them are actually made out of all-natural components, so they’re safe to use around children and pets.
Read more: Best Handheld Shower Heads