Would you like to be able to make your fresh pasta at home? Now you have it very quickly. You have to make the dough and buy one of the best pasta machines. With these two things, you can enjoy fresh dough with a great flavor.
To prepare delicious fresh pasta at home, it is unnecessary to be a professional. However, a little practice makes perfect, with having the best pasta machine and much of the process will be covered, so even beginners can eat from noodles, even linguine.
Top 5 Bestseller Pasta Maker
Pasta machines are a handy tool at home. They are versatile and can be used with different dough types, such as puff pastry, for example.
What is the Best Pasta Maker?
In such a diverse market of options for kitchen equipment, utensils, and instruments, it’s no surprise that choosing a good-quality pasta machine becomes a challenge.
But, it is not something to fear since this same number of models gives the freedom to find the one that covers and satisfies all needs, even those who need a professional use machine.
It is essential that, when looking for one of these machines, you look at its most outstanding characteristics, such as:
- Your manufacturing material
- If it is a manual or automatic model
- What accessories do you have?
- How the dough spreads in it
- What is your size
- Make it dishwasher safe
Types of Pasta Machines
Let’s analyze each of the types of pasta machines so that you can choose the one that meets your needs:
- Pasta Rolling Machine
This type of machine has a system that rolls up the dough to pass it through a cutter that will create the desired shape.
- Extrusion Machine
This is the type of machine used by shops, restaurants, and more professional scales, with a more advanced mechanism than pasta rolling machines.
- Manual Machine
We have talked a bit about manual use machines; as you know, these are characterized by a more traditional, simple and basic design, serving to stretch the dough and subsequently cut it into the desired shape.
Among their benefits is that they have few parts, so it is easy to know what goes wrong when something goes wrong.
- Automatic Machine
This is the ideal type of machine if you are looking for a model that does everything for you, just having to put the dough in and let it do the rest.
They are extremely fast, in addition to creating a paste of consistent thickness, but, being electric, they tend, like all household appliances, to fail more than manual use.
- Hybrid Machines
This type of machine has the best of both worlds, being a model for manual use that can be transformed into one for automatic use, as it is compatible with a motor.
Types of Pasta That You Can Make at Home
Buying one of the machines to make fresh homemade pasta opens up a range of possibilities in terms of the types of pasta you can prepare.
For newbies, you don’t need to buy a cannelloni maker when you want to make cannelloni or another spaghetti maker for when you want spaghetti. With a single fresh pasta machine, you can make a great variety since they usually include accessories to prepare the different types.
Among the most common types of pasta that you can make at home are pressure pasta (noodles, spaghetti, noodles, macaroni), Chinese pasta and a part of Italian pasta and stuffed pasta such as ravioli and tortellini. , also typical of Italian pasta.
- Noodles: They are the thinnest and typical soup noodles. They are achieved using a pressure fitting.
- Spaghetti: The most typical among long pasta. They are strands of pasta a little thicker than noodles. Its cooking time is fast.
- Linguini and Fettuccine: Both are types of long, thin, flattened pasta shaped like little tongues. Linguini and Fettuccine’s main differences are that the latter is a bit wider and weighs a bit more.
- Noodles: They are also the type of long pasta but this is quite wide and may have somewhat caved edges.
- Macaroni: Another prevalent type of pasta whose main characteristic is that it has a hollow interior. They are generally short in size.
- Lasagna: these are thin sheets of pasta that are used in layers. To make this pasta, you need to stretch the cake dough a lot, since the key is that the thinner the dough, the better.
- Cannelloni: they are made with the same principle as the previous dough; the thinner the pasta sheet, the better. It only differs from lasagna in that it is rolled up and the filling is inside.
- Ravioli: This is a thin dough filled with meat. It is one of the most difficult to do, so I recommend that you practice more with the dough before daring to do it.
The 7 Best Pasta Maker Wirecutter Reviews
Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker Plus with 4 Interchangeable Pasta Shaping Discs
With a kneading cylinder and several rods set at the perfect angles, this excellent value for Philips’s money machine is one of the best take-home options. It is a highly versatile machine, as it can be used to prepare 4 different types of pasta, such as spaghetti, macaroni and fettuccine.
It has an integrated storage drawer for the shape discs and its power cord, making it relatively compact, adapting to different kitchen spaces. It can make 450 grams of fresh pasta and noodles in just 18 minutes and is also a removable model for easy cleaning.
- Fully automatic model
- Easy to use and clean
- With compact and modern design
- Brand: Philips
- Product weight: 4.7 kg
- Plastic material
KitchenAid KSMPRA Pasta Roller & cutter attachment set
Among the models on the list, you will also find this one from the KSMPRA brand, one of the most complete and with the most affordable price. It has a container for 500 grams of dough, so you can make large quantities in one go.
With 8 different accessories, it will be possible to prepare other recipes, to surprise everyone at home with each of them. It is a removable machine, so its cleaning will be, in the same way, easy to carry out.
- With capacity for 500 grams
- Has 8 different accessories
- Detachable model
- Brand: Unold
- Power: 200W
- Product weight: 998 grams
Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine Electric Motor Attachment
A model faithful to Italian pasta machines will be perfect for those looking for something more advanced and professional. It is a super-powerful machine, with 3 rollers included, to give life to all kinds of recipes.
Being a model with a motor, it allows you to introduce the dough with both hands for better handling, where the machine will take care of making it more acceptable and giving it the desired shape. Made of stainless steel, it is a machine that will last much longer.
- Machine with motor included
- Attractive design
- Made of stainless steel
- Brand: Marcato
- Power: 100W
- Origin: Italy
Imperia Pasta Maker Machine – Heavy Duty Steel Construction w Easy Lock Dial and Wood Grip Handle
Continuing with Italian origin’s pasta-making machines, this model is of the best quality, a manual kneading machine.
This machine is efficient, fast and easy to use, which in a few minutes will make you have delicious, fresh artisan pasta to make any dish at home.
It is the ideal model with 6 different thicknesses and two types of cuts (noodles and fettuccine) if you are looking for versatility.
- With 6 different thicknesses
- Two types of cuts
- Easy to use
- Manual model
- Brand: Imperia
- Wooden handle
- Steel fabrication
Marcato Atlas 150 Pasta Machine, Made in Italy, Includes Cutter
It is another Marcato model, but this time it is a less expensive machine, without neglecting the quality that characterizes this prestigious Italian brand.
It is a pasta machine that allows you to cut it into 3 different formats: lasagna, fettuccine, and tagliolini. Its 10-position regulator means that you can cut the dough into different thicknesses.
It has an interchangeable accessory for cutting pasta and connecting to its motor, which is optional. Its chrome steel roller frame is ideal for food contact and will last a long time.
- With 10-position regulator
- Interchangeable cutting attachment
- In chromed steel
- Brand: Marcato
- Product weight: 2.46 kg
Pasta Maker, 7 Thickness Settings Pasta Machine, Sailnovo Stainless Steel
Now you will not have to leave home to enjoy a good freshly made pasta. With a machine like this one from Sailnovo, you will have the facility to prepare delicious recipes most simply.
It is a machine to make pasta at home, with a resistant steel design that is the most resistant and robust.
It is suitable for preparing different pasta types, such as noodles or tagliolinis, being also one of the most stable machines, as it is fixed efficiently, quickly and easily to the table.
- Resistant and stainless
- Easy to operate
- Provides more stability
- Brand: Sailnovo
- Product weight: 3.5 kilos
ANTREE Pasta Maker Attachment 3 in 1 Set for KitchenAid Stand Mixers Included Pasta Sheet Roller
Imagine being able to prepare a delicious Italian pasta recipe without breaking your head, all with the freshest ingredients.
This is possible if you have a good pasta cutting and kneading machine, like this one from Kitchen Draft. With its robust design and good rollers, it is in charge of flattening the pasta to the desired point and then cutting it into different variations.
- Easy to use
- Robust design
- With an included ravioli cutter
- Brand: Kitchen draft
- Material: stainless steel
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Pasta Maker
Manual or Automatic
- The manual pasta maker works by turning a crank that causes the rollers to move and flatten the dough. This way you will have the dough in thin sheets. This type of machine is usually cheaper, but you need another person to hold it while you operate it or have a fixed bracket.
- On the other hand are the automatic pasta machines. These have the quality that they are easier to operate and that you will be able to make a greater variety of pastes since they include extrusion accessories and some models having the roller. Of course, they are a little higher in price.
This factor has a lot to do with the size of your kitchen.
- If your kitchen is large and has storage capacity, you will not have problems if the pasta machine has a specific volume.
- Otherwise, if it is small, you should consider the size very well when buying. On average, a pasta maker is usually between 15 and 25 cm.
One of the most important factors, since the durability of the product, depends on the material. My recommendation is, without a doubt stainless steel, since it is more resistant and hygienic. There are also plastic machines but these can be broken more easily. As an advantage, they are cheaper.
How to Use a Pasta Maker
To use a pasta machine correctly, it is essential to follow some steps, so let’s know the most basic:
- The first thing is to combine all the ingredients; you will need flour, eggs, and salt for a basic dough.
- After having the dough ready, it is necessary to rest for a few hours after kneading.
- While we wait, it is convenient to prepare the water to reach its boiling point, thus preventing it from drying out.
- Now, it is time to use the machine, for this, it is firmly installed on the counter or kitchen table, ensuring good access to the place where the dough will come out.
- The desired thickness levels are adjusted.
- Divide the dough into more manageable pieces, then make rectangles with the help of a kitchen roller.
- Each rectangle is passed through the machine as many times as necessary until the desired thickness is reached.
- The kneading tool is changed for a cutting one, and then the stretched dough is passed through the machine again.
- Now you just have to cook, add your favorite sauce and enjoy delicious homemade pasta.
How to Care for a Pasta Machine
Failure to do maintenance on the machine will always result in it being damaged prematurely, which is why, after home use, it needs to be cleaned correctly, eliminating any trace of dirt.
Primary care consists of removing the pieces of pasta that may have been adhered to the machine, you can do this by passing a damp cloth through its rollers.
The cutters can be removed from the machine, where many of them are dishwasher safe.
Each machine is different; therefore, before disassembling it, it is advisable to consult its instruction manual; thus, you can be sure that you have scattered it correctly.
How delicious the pasta is! and enjoying a fresh homemade one is priceless, where a good machine will prove most useful. Now that you know the most critical features, it will be easier to reach the best decision, where the Kitchen Draft KCMACH2 model is perfect for both beginners and professionals.
Do not forget that pasta machines must have good maintenance and care after each use. That practice will make you true experts, so prepare to eat delicious Italian recipes or any other gastronomy, all without having to leave.