We could talk all day about the practical uses of a reliable cheese slicer and the many dishes that can be prepared. Convenient and inexpensive, the best cheese slicer can make many slicing work more accessible, which is especially helpful for creamy or thin cheeses.
What to Look For in a Cheese Slicer
Although using a cheese slicer is pretty self-explanatory for the most part, it’s worth learning all you can about the slight differences between slicers in the long run. We say this because some slicers are designed to help you slice cheese for immediate consumption.
In contrast, others can be fully adjusted to slice different types of cheese in different sizes for preparation purposes. Other than that, all you have to do is pay close attention to how a mower is made and its overall sturdiness.
Top 5 Bestseller Cheese Slicer
Types of Cheese Slicers
For the most part, cheese slicers can be divided into two main categories: manual slicers and tabletop slicers. Although manual meat slicers are the most popular, the tabletop versions can be more reliable in the long run.
Another great advantage of handheld deli slicers is that they are pretty portable. On the other hand, tabletop slicers can process much more cheese than their handheld counterparts, usually due to their peculiarities.
Handheld Cheese Slicers
Viral thanks to their compact shape, handheld cheese slicers can somewhat resemble fruit and vegetable peelers. If we’re honest, some of them can be expected to behave like one, although a cheese slicer cannot be expected to do the job of a vegetable peeler with the same efficiency. Not only that, but they also take up less storage space, which is an excellent feature in and of itself.
Tabletop Cheese Slicers
These slicers typically have a sturdy, accommodating base to help you process a large quantity of cheese at once. These slicers are perfect for those who are not lacking in storage space.
The best thing about tabletop slicers is the stable base that gives you a good grip during the slicing process, making the slicer much more accessible to control at all times. Additionally, tabletop cheese slicers can also be expected to process hard and soft cheese with roughly the same efficiency.
Top 11 Best Cheese Slicer Reviews
Fiskars Soft, Stainless Steel/Synthetic Material Cheese Slicer, one Size, White
- Hand-held cheese slicer for cutting young and soft cheese like Gouda, Cheddar or Edam
- Perfectly and evenly cut cheese slices in one piece thanks to sharp blade made of stainless steel, No sticking due to small contact surface with cheese, slice thickness can be individually varied by pressure
- Comfortable and safe to hold, Effortless cheese slicing thanks to ergonomically shaped handle with non-slip surface, Hanging loop for easy storage on the wall
It is a cutter with an ergonomic shape and a soft grip handle for more comfortable handling. It has a good edge, ideal for slicing soft and semi-hard cheeses. Its blade’s angle is beneficial since it prevents the cheese from falling apart when cutting.
- It is made of Swedish stainless steel, great durability
- You can use it in the dishwasher
- It is small; you can store it in small spaces
- Not suitable for hard cheeses
- If you are looking for something significant, this option is not the most suitable.
According to its buyers’ comments, this cheese cutter is a practical, modern, and resistant utensil that you can always use at your breakfast.
Westmark Cheese Slicer Rollschnitt Retro-Look, One size, Black/Silver
- Material: stainless steel/polypropylene
- 2 spare wires included
- Dimensions: 6, 42 x 4, 72 x 0, 67 inches
The Westmark Rollschnitt Cheese Cutter is an easy-to-use utensil that will fit in your hand for faster work. You can cut ordinary cheeses with it, as well as soft cheese when cold. It is suitable for making slices of different thicknesses depending on the inclination in which you use it.
- Cuts well because its wire is stainless steel and aluminum body
- You can hang it thanks to its opening in the handle
- No need to wash it, with a damp cloth is enough
- Will not work for hard cheeses
- The wire will not be able to change it
Some of its benefits are its ability to finely cut cheeses, its resistance, and its economical price for buyers.
Cheese Slicer Set, Kitchen Utensils & Gadget, Adjustable Cheese cutting thickness
This lyre will give you clean, precise cuts of various cheese consistencies effortlessly. It is used to make pieces, slices, slices of almost all kinds of cheeses, such as soft ones. It is highly resistant as it is made of stainless steel.
- Its 12 cm blade will allow you to work with ease
- Provides exact cuts for soft consistencies
- Low price for what it offers
- Not suitable for hard cheeses
- The manufacturer must be contacted to replace the wire
According to the analysis of its buyers, it is a lyre of simple but practical design, with which you can even cut butter. She is delicate with the food she slices.
Extra Large Bamboo Cheese Board and Charcuterie Boards
- 🧀 A GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR EVERYONE: This cheese knife set makes for a terrific housewarming gift! Our low-maintenance bamboo cheese board is the perfect way to help those you love create unique and intentional gatherings without all the pressure. A perfect way to host and enjoy time with your guests all-in-one. Its beautiful packaging and meaningful composition makes it a gift they’re such to appreciate.
- 🧀 PREMIUM QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP CHEESE PLATTER: Made of all-natural, organic bamboo material, this round charcuterie board is just the kit you’ve been looking for. Its compact design makes it most convenient for travel use. Simply expand or collapse our cheese board with handle sides, to meet your party’s needs. Made with high-class ingenuity, its accompanying side ceramic bowls and knives make it an optimal cheese platter!
- 🧀 SMART STORAGE & EASY CLEAN: The concealed drawer within this cheese board set contains all the serving accouterments you'll need for your next tasting. It includes up to three different cheese cutting knives, 2 side ceramic half bowls. With our bamboo cheese board set hosting has become possible even on the go. Finally, an all-inclusive charcuterie board set, so quit searching for matching cutlery sets or missing parts around the kitchen!
This board is designed for particular functions, such as making cheese or chocolate chips and cheese rosettes. You will give better presentations to your dishes because it is ideal for preparing tastings and appetizers or decorating desserts. It will offer you a good grip and finesse in its cuts due to its well-thought-out design.
- Affordable price for your terrific results
- Its cheese rosettes are of great finesse and consistency
- It has a compact size of 22 x 22 x 5 cm
- Does not bring glass
- It has specific functions
It is the right product for those who bought it if you are looking to decorate your desserts or make appetizers with a good appearance. They will highlight its economical price as well.
Zyliss Classic Rotary Cheese Grater-NSF Restaurant Certified, White
- NSF Restaurant Certified rotary cheese grater meeting strict standards for public health protection
- Fine drum for grating hard cheeses, chocolate, nuts and more
- Drum and handle separate for easy cleaning
This cheese cutter works to make cheese rosettes and other special preparations with its sharp blade. It has remarkable durability for being the stainless steel cutter and the ficus wood table. It prevents cheeses from drying out thanks to its acrylic hood.
- It has a considerable grip due to its four prongs
- Its acrylic hood preserves the moisture of the cheeses
- The compact presentation will not get in the way where it is stored
- It does not work if you introduce very soft or very hard cheeses
- Serves for small, not very large cheese cuts
Those who bought it, comment that it is a product that goes wonderfully with semi-cured and cured cheeses. It is simple to use, and its quality is high.
Smirly Cheese Board and Knife Set: 13 x 13 x 2 Inch Wood Charcuterie Platter for Wine, Cheese, Meat
- ✅Party Like a Pro - Dazzle your guests with SMIRLY's wood cheese board & charcuterie tray. We specialize in serving dishes for entertaining with a ton of beneficial features to make hosting fun & easy. Our charcuterie tray is the perfect size for displaying a variety of delicious delectables including meats, cheeses of various textures, crackers, veggies, fruit, and more. Welcome guests with our beautiful meat and cheese tray filled with a colorful and tasty array of appetizing offerings.
- ✅Unique Gift Idea They Won't Forget - Looking for birthday gifts for mom, house warming gifts for new home owners, wedding gifts for bride and groom, or hostess gifts for women who have everything? Our charcuterie board with charcuterie accessories & round fruit tray is an all-inclusive cheese board set that is sure to please everyone. Our unique & beautiful cheese serving board and all the charcuterie board accessories make a thoughtful, functional, and versatile gift that will last for years!
- ✅Designed to Meet Your Diverse Needs - Throw an epic party or host an intimate gathering made possible with all the enhancing features of our charcuterie boards. A removable magnetic holder keeps 4 serving knives and utensils upright and easily accessible. Two ceramic serving bowls for sauces and dips and six sampler forks compliment your decadent charcuterie tray. Our bamboo cheese board and knife set offer everything you need to build a stunning presentation for family and friends.
The Vin Bouquet FIH 102 guillotine and cutting board is used to cut cheese regardless of its consistency. It has excellent versatility. In addition to cutting cheese, it is used to cut sausages, making it a two-in-one product. Both its stainless steel blade and its wooden board are of excellent quality.
- It is used to cut even hard cheeses
- Bring with you a guide with measurements for cutting
- Impeccable packaging and presentation
- You must be careful that the blade does not split the wood
- You will have to clean it between cuts of cheese and sausages
The sale of this product is based on its versatility; with it, you can cut from hard cheese to salami with clean and precise results.
WMF Profi Plus Cheese Slicer
- 25.5cm cheese wire slicer in high-grade Cromargan 18/10 stainless steel
- Specially designed for slicing semi-hard cheese without effort
- Indestructible, dishwasher safe and rust-resistant
This cheese cutter provides fine-grained results so that you can cut skinny cheese at all times. Design simple to use and weighs very light. It is made of stainless steel, and therefore you can have it for years without replacing it.
- A-style design, easy to use with one hand
- Its size is compact, just 24 cm
- For his teeth, he has an excellent grip on the cheese that he will cut
- It is not recommended to use it with hard cheeses
- Its price, although low, could be lower
Buyers described it as a cutter of simple design and use, which does the job for which it is made.
Boska Girolle cheese slicer
- Round cutting board with handle and cheese curler blade
- European white oak, stainless steel curler blade; measures 12-Inch long, 9-Inch diameter
- Slices off very thin curls allowing flavor of cheese to develop; create chocolate curls
This slicer is used to create excellent cheese curls, designed to decorate desserts and appetizers. Its materials are of considerable resistance: the screw is made of stainless steel and the tray of beech wood. It has a good fixation due to its bolt of remarkable consistency.
- Easy to use, just turn the lever
- You can use it for cheese and chocolate
- It would help if you did not put any force to create the curls
- Serves as intended, not hard cheeses
- Your price could be a little lower
The highlight of this curling iron is that it offers acceptable, great-looking results. It is a highly valued utensil when there are meetings or parties to decorate appetizers and desserts.
Poualss Stainless Steel Wire Cheese Slicer, Adjustable Thickness Cheese Cutter for Soft
- Material: this cheese slicer wire is made of stainless steel,very sturdy and durable
- Adjustable Thickness Cheese Cutter: you can adjust to different size thickness to suit your own needs,The position of the cheese cutter's wire can be adjusted freely whether thin or thick
- Easy To Clean: Just wipe it with a rag or use soap and water to clean the product then dry it off
The Aps circular cutter works to cut and present Tête de Moine style cheeses. It also works with chocolate. It has resistance and edge guaranteed with its stainless steel blade. It includes a lid to prevent the cheeses from drying out and thus have a better flavor.
- The joint between the plate and the skewer is stable. You will be able to work with confidence
- The platter does not slide off the surfaces by its legs, which prevent this
- Its laminate gives a better flavor to the cheese
- It may wobble a bit when wearing it
- It works for the indicated cheeses nothing else
For shoppers, it works very well to laminate cheese safely and consistently without trying too hard.
Smirly Cheese Board and Knife Set – Charcuterie Board/Organic Bamboo Cheese Platter
- ✅Fast and Fabulous Entertaining - Impress your guests with our premium charcuterie set. Our meat and cheese board is the perfect size for displaying a variety of delicious options that go way beyond traditional finger foods. Welcome guests with a beautiful cheese serving board filled with a colorful and tasty array of appetizing offerings. Our large cheese board set will add simplicity to your life while offering incredible versatility and functionality.
- ✅Perfect for Every Gathering - Host an intimate gathering or epic party with our bamboo cheese board set. Our expandable design features two pull out and removable drawers that hold 4 easily accessible serving knives and utensils, 3 ceramic serving bowls for sauces and dips, a round fruit tray, and a serving platter stone for even more decadent delectables. Our charcuterie tray is a sure-fire housewarming gift, and among the wedding gifts that will be truly appreciated.
- ✅Quality You Can Rely On - Our bamboo cheese board and knife set is a smart purchase for so many reasons. Bamboo is earth friendly, properly sourced, and highly renewable. It's nonporous and resists liquid so it won't bend, warp, crack, absorb odor, or stain. This hardwood is super easy to clean and very durable. A truly low maintenance wood that retains its natural aesthetic value for years to come.
This table and 4 cheese knives are used to cut all kinds of cheeses, from the creamiest to the hardest. The table works to chop the cheese and to serve; it has a double function. You will work comfortably since the board is non-slip.
- You will save a lot because it is a five-in-one product
- The knives are made of stainless steel so they will not rust
- You do not have to worry about their resistance; they are designed to cut all types of cheese
- It is intended only for minor cuts of cheese
- You must be careful with their sharp blades
The opinions on Amazon described it as a good gift for cheese lovers and those who need a multifunction product.
REMASIKO Cheese Slicer, Adjustable Thickness Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Cheese Slicers
- 【Adjustable Thickness Cheese Cutter】The wire position of the cheese cutter can be adjusted freely for you to adjust the thickness of the slice. Adjust the slicer to give you wafer thin slices or nice, chunky slices up to ¼” thick and can handle cheese blocks up to 3.5'' wide.
- 【Slicing Cheese Easily】The cheese cutter is made of a zinc-aluminum alloy and reinforced stainless steel to ensure it is more durable than similar products. 304 stainless steel cutting wire cuts hard cheeses like swiss, and cheddar like butter. You can slice your favorite cheese with ease in seconds!
- 【Easy to Operate and Clean】Just adjust the thickness of slice, and with the movement of the roller, you can get the cheese slices of the thickness you want. It is easy to wipe with a rag or wash with soap and water after use. With a hanging hole, convenient for storage.
This cheese cutter uses its stainless steel wire to provide you with thin slices of cheese. The cheeses will not acquire metallic flavors since it is free from contamination by its stainless steel. Its maintenance is simple; it is straightforward to clean.
- Modern, stainless steel design
- Your tray can also work for serving
- It is designed to cut a wide variety of cheeses
- You must be careful with the texture of the cheese to be cut
- Some models wobble a bit when itching
What to Consider When Select The Best Cheese Slicer
When looking at how cheese slicers are made to cut, it is necessary to check a slicer’s safety before purchasing. To do this, check to see if a slicer has rubber handles or rubber mounts.
In the case of hand slicers, the grips must be non-slip and constructed so that they will not accidentally fall off when cutting thick cheese. Not only that, but the quality of your handles also affects the slicer’s overall handling during the cutting process.
When it comes to base slicers, always look for rubber feet. These rubber feet prevent the slicer from sliding off the counter when in use while giving you better control of the process.
As you do so, make sure the blade (s) are firmly attached to the cutter body. Under no circumstances should the mower feel wobbly or loose when performing cutting tasks of any kind.
A cheese slicer is judged first by its ability to slice cheese. This should be a priority above everything else about the mower, no matter how well built or versatile it may be.
We say this because some slicers are known to be unable to handle soft cheese while working relatively well with hard cheese or vice versa. In some cases, they may cut the cheese, but they will do so unevenly.
Note that the slices’ quality is more or less a clear indication of the overall quality of the slicer itself. So in this sense, the quality of the slices should be judged not only by their thickness but also by the degree of control you have over the process.
A lack of management regarding the slices’ consistency is a common problem among slicers, especially those at the lower end of the spectrum.
A cheese slicer should not cause you any discomfort when using it for long periods. You shouldn’t be using a slicer for long anyway, but if you happen to need to process a lot of cheese, then the last thing you want is for the slicer to hurt your palms or loosen up afterward of a certain number of slices.
Usually, it’s handheld clippers that develop slack problems when used for extended periods, so keep that in mind when making a purchase. Tabletop mowers can also develop certain peculiarities over time, especially when it comes to ergonomics.
It is essential that a cheese slicer, especially one with a base, has rubber feet and ridges on the handles. Not only will this give you more control over the slicing process, but it will also ensure that the slicer maintains its long-term structural integrity as you use it more frequently.
How to Make the Perfect Cheese Board
A varied cheese board is designed to serve appetizers or tastings, but to achieve a robust flavor and correctly, it is necessary to pay attention to specific tips :
- The variety comes first: To assemble a table of delicious cheese cheeses, choose different textures and milk types. If possible from several countries.
- The order also counts: You must place the cheeses clockwise. The softest is placed first then the strongest, which are last to overshadow the rest’s flavors.
- You have a lot to choose from: Take your time deciding which cheeses to use. Some cheeses to consider are blue cheese (pasteurized cow or sheep milk), Castilian cheese (a mixture of goat, cow, and sheep milk), goat cheese, soft cheese, goat cheese or stick cheese.
- Take them out of the refrigerator an hour before: Before assembling your board, you have to remove the cheeses at the indicated time, which would be an hour back. Cheese should always be served at room temperature to perceive its smell, taste, and texture correctly. A cheesemaker works for this.
- Do not mix the utensils with which you cut the different types: The cheeses’ flavor can permeate the knives or cutters you use, so be careful when cutting several types. Wash properly.
- If there is cheese leftover, store it without losing its flavor: If your guests leave the cheese on the table, an excellent way to keep them without losing flavor is to wrap them in parchment paper in the refrigerator.
Concluding this comparison, if I had to choose the best of all those that I present, I would say that my recommendation is the Jamonprive Cheese Lyre. Why? Because its price is fantastic, meager but if you compare it with what it can do, no one would believe it. It is light, small, practical, and makes cuts of great fineness or the thickness that most provokes you.
Read more: Best Food Processor