While you can bring almost any kind of chair camping, it makes more sense to take one that will offer you comfort. Do you have back problems and need support and comfort while you sit?
If you will go outdoors I advise you to take one of the best camping chairs for a bad back so you won’t experience any pain or discomfort.
No matter if you have chronic lumbar pain or you just made a strange move while enjoying the outdoors, a good and supportive seat will be your perfect solution.
The one you need must support your entire spine and offer comfort while sitting. These are the top picks that you should look at if you want to have pain-free camping and rest in a chair comfortably.
Top 5 Bestseller Camping Chair
WHAT KIND OF CHAIR IS BEST FOR A BAD BACK?
Back problems exist due to the busy lifestyle and stressful situations that cause pain.
If you are one of them and you love to go outdoors, you should think about giving your spine the support it needs, especially when camping.
In order to make things easier, here are the reviews of back-supportive seats you should check out.
Top 5 Best Camping Chair Reviews
TIMBER RIDGE CAMPING CHAIR
- Large Space & High Back: Our folding camping chair has 22 inches high back, provides you stable support. Weight is 13.67 lbs. Width is 22.5 inches. Folding outdoor chair provides extra comfort for long-time use
- Excellent Loading Capacity: The folding outdoor chairs is made of high-quality polyester and heavy duty steel frame. Heavy duty camping chair support up to 400 lbs.
- Fully Padded & Cup Holder Included: Smooth foam padded seat and detachable padded arm rest with swivel cup holder on side. This camp chair can provides a comfortable experience for your outdoor life
This is a camping chair from Timber Ridge that has 22 inches high back for spine support.
The frame is made from steel that offers strong construction and durability. Its material is made of polyester.
Its dimensions are 22.5 x 23 x 38.5 inches and it weighs 13.67 lbs. The unit supports up to 300 lbs.
The seat is padded with foam, also the armrests are detachable. It comes with a cup holder.
With the high back, wide, and ergonomic padded high seat (22.5 inches wide), you will be able to enjoy your leisure time without pain as it supports your spine and waist.
This is one of the best high back camping chairs that is easy to store and carry since it can be folded to a smaller size.
- High-quality construction
- Padded seat and armrest
- Supports your back and waist (ergonomic seat)
- Easy to set up and carry
- With a cup holder
- Bulky when packed
ARROWHEAD OUTDOOR PORTABLE FOLDING CAMPING QUAD CHAIR
This camping piece of furniture is great for any kind of outdoor activity and especially good for you if you have a sore back.
The company did a great job with this model as they thought of the customer’s health. They made a seat that helps to align the spine with integrated lumbar support.
It measures 22 x 22 x 18 inches and can hold up to 300 lbs. The frame is made of heavy-duty steel and its material of rugged 600D canvas fabric.
It sets up in seconds as you just grab the seat from the storage bag and unfold it. The unit weighs 8.5 pounds so it is one of the most lightweight camping chairs that exist on the market.
- Portable and comfortable
- A unique unit that aligns the spine with the lumbar support
- Easy to set up
- Sturdy and lightweight
- The armrest could be more padded
- The cup holder could be bigger
ALPHA CAMP CAMPING FOLDING CHAIR WITH A LUMBAR SUPPORT
- ❤ 【Large Size】 Oversized Camping Folding Chair Size is 25.20" L x 36.61" W x 39.37"H, Weight is 13.2lbs, Large seat area with 600x 300D padded oxford fabric and padded armrest ensure comfort of this chair
- ❤【Maximum Loading Capacity】With hammer tone powder coating prevent corrosion and fading. four heavy duty steel frame were added to the bottom of the chair .sturdy steel frame construction make it can support up to 450 lbs and you're guaranteed a long lasting chair to enjoy outdoors all year
- ❤【Extra Storage Spaces】 Durable mesh cup holder and armrest at the perfect height allows you to relax in comfort.side storage pocket holds cell phone, notebook and maps,side cooler bag will keep you cool on a hot summer day!
Alpha Camp made a model that offers lumbar support no matter where are you staying.
Its frame is made of alloy steel and the unit’s material is 600x 300D padded oxford fabric. Armrests are padded also.
The alloy steel has a hammer tone powder coating that prevents corrosion and fading.
The product supports up to 450 lbs. Its dimensions are 39.6 x 8.1 x 7.8 inches and it weighs 14 pounds.
It has a durable cup holder and 3 pockets in one where you can store your iPhone, a flashlight, a magazine, or other personal items.
The chair is a great summer camp furniture as it has a cooler bag so your drinks can stay cold while you relax. It folds and unfolds easily and in seconds.
- Heavy-duty steel frame
- Supreme comfort
- Easy and fast to pack and unfold
- A cooler bag and a cup holder
- convenient side pockets
- It can sink a bit when sitting
STRONGBACK LOW GRAVITY BEACH CHAIR WITH LUMBAR SUPPORT
- Lumbar supportive design
- Spacious ergonomic seat designed to align hips and back
- Easy to use and lightweight
The Strongback Chair is a perfect piece of outdoor furniture if you want to ease the pressure on your legs after a whole day of trekking. It has a very comfortable backrest as it is curly to provide lumbar support.
The armrests are low enough not to put pressure on your upper back and shoulders. It measures 20 x 23.5 x 24 inches and weighs 8.5 lbs. The model can hold up to 300 lbs.
The unit’s material is made of heavy-duty polyester 600D while the frame is made of a black powder-coated steel frame. All its parts are durable and padded. It has a strong frame that guarantees stability and comfort.
Because the feet of this one are huge, you are easily able to ensure that it would not sink into the sand. It features a cup holder.
- Curly design for perfect lumbar support
- Heavy-duty construction
- Improved locking system
- Big no-sink feet
- Beverage holder
- Cheap cup holder and storage bag
PELLIOT PORTABLE CAMPING CHAIR WITH LUMBAR SUPPORT
- 👌SOFT AND COMFORTABLE👍The chair surface is filled with PP cotton. Double Oxford cloth, skin friendly, breathable fabric, abrasion and dirt resistant, good toughness and tear resistance.
- 👌LARGE SIZE👍Oversized Camping Folding Chair open size: 23.2 x 23.2x 38.9 inches; folded size: 7.4 x 7.4 x 36.6 inches.
- 👌ERGONOMIC DESIGN👍Fits the spine, safe and comfortable, fully cushioned seat and back provide support and comfort.
This portable model from Pelliot company comes with the doubled Oxford cloth that is skin-friendly, breathable, and dirt and tear-resistant.
The frame is made of steel. It measures 23.2 x 23.2x 38.9 inches, weighs 7.28 lbs, and can hold up to 330 pounds.
With the ergonomic design and a fully cushioned seat, it fits the spine and provides support and comfort. The armrests are padded.
The product has a built-in beverage-cooler pouch, a mesh cup holder, and a side pocket for storing your personal items.
- Soft and comfortable
- Ergonomic design
- Durable construction
- Extra storage space
- The cup size is small
May you also like: Best Air Mattress
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A BAD BACK CAMP CHAIR?
Having back problems demands that you take care of yourself and the furniture where you sit.
Camping isn’t always comfortable, on the contrary, so you should think of the most comfortable and supportive chair that you will sit on when you will eat and relax.
Here are my useful tips to follow in finding the right outdoor seat that benefits your back.
CONSIDER THE WEIGHT
Usually, these seats are made of tough but lightweight materials that are easy to carry around.
If you’re planning to stay in a place that will need you to trek or hike for several miles with gears on your back, then make sure to have a lightweight seat.
WHAT TYPE OF CHAIR DO YOU WANT?
Would you rather have a rocking chair or a typically folded one? Pick one regarding the activities you’re planning to do at the campsite. Are you planning to swim, eat, and hang around with friends, or you’re just going to relax?
LOOK AT THE FEATURES
Features play a big part while choosing the seat with back support. Of course, you need to find one with lumbar support, but the more features, the better. Cup holders and other compartments for good organization are a good addition.
WHAT KIND OF CHAIR IS BEST FOR A BAD BACK?
A spine supportive chair must be ergonomically designed to provide you with full support while sitting. It must also be comfortable for you, high enough to stretch out the legs.
My picks of bad back seats are the ones that you should look for if you intend to use them outdoors or in your backyard.
ARE ZERO GRAVITY CHAIRS GOOD FOR YOUR BACK?
Zero gravity ones suspend your body while your legs are elevated and relieve the pressure on the spine. They offer backache relief and relieve tension in the lumbar area while sitting on them and improve circulation.
WHAT IS A QUAD CAMPING CHAIR?
A quad camping chair is a piece of outdoor furniture that comes in different shapes and features. They offer some level of comfort and are equipped with features that come in handy while enjoying the great outdoors.
You can get one with a cooling bag for having cold drinks, a cup holder, a pocket for storing personal items, or a magazine. Some have detachable heads and seat cushions so you can wash them. It is easy to fold and unfold.
HOW DO YOU SIT ON A CHAIR TO PREVENT BACK PAIN?
The general rule is to sit straight so that the spine is aligned with the seat. If you don’t want a sore back you should sit in the seat without any space between the seat and back.
Make sure that your feet are straight on the floor and knees at the right angle (90 degrees). You can use a towel or a lumbar support pillow to put it in the lumbar area where the spine is curved to provide additional support to it.
IS SITTING CROSS-LEGGED BAD FOR YOUR BACK?
Yes, if you sit cross-legged for some time, it can cause you back pain and discomfort, but why?
Sitting like this makes your hips uneven. Your pelvic bone is forced to rotate so it can be the reason for your backache because it can produce pressure on the neck and lumbar area. Sitting with your feet on the ground should solve the issue.
SUPPORT YOUR BACK WHILE YOU SIT
The importance of the right camping chair for a bad back is usually overlooked, but you have to know that investing in one is highly worth it.
Ask yourself what features does it need to have to meet your needs. If you have other questions or suggestions regarding this topic, make sure to let me know in the comment.
Read more: Best Cooler Backpacks